Guide to the E. B. Pickett, Jr. Law School Exams, 1898-1899
Edward Brown Pickett, Jr. (1877-1951) attended the University of Texas School of Law and earned his LL.B. in 1899. He returned to Liberty to practice law following graduation. His firm, opened with C. F. Stevens, was then known as Stevens and Pickett until Pickett established a solo practice in 1912. The firm was first located at the corner of Travis and Trinity Street, and later moved to the Ager Building on the corner of Trinity and Main. The Ager Building burnt down in 1909, but was rebuilt at the same site, and Pickett maintained his office there until 1951.
E. B. Pickett, Jr.’s sons also attended the University of Texas School of Law. Bradford Pickett (1913-2005) earned his LL.B. in 1936 and returned to Liberty to practice law with his father. Nolan Pickett (1916-1945) attended UT Law from 1936 until 1940 before enlisting as a pilot in the U.S. Army Air Forces.
University of Texas School of Law exams from 1898-1899 collected by E. B. Pickett, Jr. during his time at the law school.
The collection and any reproductions of the collection are made available for the purposes of private study, scholarship, and research only.
Tarlton Law Library does not hold the copyright to the materials, unless it has been transferred to the library by the creator. It is the researcher's responsibility to determine the copyright status and to obtain permission from the copyright holder before publishing any materials from the collection.
Some collections may contain sensitive or confidential information protected under federal and state privacy laws. The researchers are encouraged to report any such information to staff.
The University of Texas at Austin is not responsible for violations of intellectual property rights and any other laws or for liability to any person for defamation or invasion of privacy that result from unauthorized use of the collection by the researcher.
E. B. Pickett, Jr. Law School Exams, Tarlton Law Library, The University of Texas at Austin.
The collection was a gift of Edward B. Pickett (LL.B.’64) and Carl N. Pickett (J.D.’71).
Processed by Evelina Stulgaityte, 2017.
Detailed Description of the Collection