TABLE OF CONTENTS
Description of Series
Leander Independent School District archive, 1899-1926, 1975-1977
The City of Leander was established on July 17, 1882, and is located north of Austin, Texas. The area's first school was founded in 1855; its first public school was founded in 1893. By 1907, Leander offered an 8-month school term in 10 grades. In 2018, Leander Independent School District was the largest school district in Williamson County.
Source: "The History of the City of Leander," City of Leander, Texas, 2018.
The Leander Independent School District archive, 1899-1926, 1975-1977, is comprised of official documents as well as photographs of the football team, Dr. M. Jennings Drug Store, and aerial views of the town of Leander.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no use restrictions on this collection. Publisher is responsible for complying with copyright law.
Leander Independent School District Archive, 1899-1926, 1975-1977, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by Colleen Hobbs, October 2018.