TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Guide to the Texas General Land Office Photographic Maps, 1861, 1862
The Photographic Bureau of the Texas General Land Office, considered to be Texas’s first photographic facility, was created in 1860. Conrad Stremme (1807-1877), Land Office draftsman, was made chief of the bureau and took these images.
The collection is comprised of photographs of maps of Anderson County (February 1861), DeWitt County (1861) and Walker County (1862).
Texas General Land Office Photographic Maps 1861, 1862, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by Larry Landis, April 1989. Subsequent revisions were made by Linda Peterson, February 2010.
Basic processing and cataloging of this collection was supported with funds from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) for the Briscoe Center’s "History Revealed: Bringing Collections to Light" project, 2009-2011.