Auld Lang Syne Luncheon Club Scrapbooks
An Inventory of the Collection
The Auld Lang Syne Luncheon Club of Austin, Texas was formed by members of the Women's Missionary Society Auxiliary No. 2 when this organization was set to merge with another Women's Missionary Society in 1941. The women from Women's Missionary Society Aux. No. 2 wanted to create a social group separate from the church group that allowed the relationships formed in their original group to continue. The first officers were: Gene Roe (president); Margaret Robbins (vice-president); Mary Grace Cluck (treasurer); Gladys Manlove, Grace Gage, Pearl Pincham (secretaries). The original bylaws of the group stated their goals as to help needy high school students and remain open for calls from the needy. The group met monthly and each member brought a covered dish.
The collection consists of four scrapbooks that highlight the activities of the organization as well as the lives of the members and their families from 1941 to 1989. The scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, calendars, greeting cards, membership lists and bylaws, yearbooks, photographs of members, children and the homes of the hostesses, handwritten notes, clip art and memorabilia.
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
The Austin History Center (AHC) is the owner of the physical materials in the AHC collections and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the AHC before any publication use. The AHC does not necessarily hold copyright to all of the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from the copyright owners. Consult repository for more details.
Auld Lang Syne Luncheon Club Scrapbooks (AR.2015.039). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Texas.
Donor #: DO/2015/047
Donation Date: 2015
Finding aid created and encoded by Molly Hults in 2015.
Detailed Description of the Collection