TABLE OF CONTENTS
Detailed Description of the Collection
Walter Sign Company Ledger
An Inventory of the Collection
Walter Sign Company was owned by Paul C. Walter and located at 119 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas. The business first appeared in the Austin City Directory in 1939 and was in business until the early 1990s. At some point the business moved to a South Lamar location.
The ledger book contains a description of work performed and price charged by Walter Sign Company to its various customers. The entries are dated from 1945 to 1949 and include work performed for the Dr. Pepper Bottling Co., 7-Up Bottling Co., Superior Dairies, as well as a section titled "Smaller Accounts."
Restrictions on Access
Open to all users.
Restrictions on Use
Found by donor unrelated to the company.
Walter Sign Company Ledger (AR.2005.031). Austin History Center, Austin Public Library, Texas.
Donor #: DO/2005/086
Donation Date: 2005
Finding aid created and encoded by Molly Hults/2010.