Genesis Presbyterian Church (Austin, Tex.) records, 1956-1997
The Genesis Presbyterian Church (Austin, Tex.) records document the history of the Genesis Presbyterian Church, which was formed after Trinity Presbyterian Church and Wilshire Presbyterian Church combined in 1998. The collection also includes materials from Windsor Park Presbyterian Church, which changed its name to Trinity Presbyterian Church around 1968, but maintained the same location. Little is known about the reasons behind the name change. The Genesis Presbyterian Church is located in central Austin and is still active as of 2013.
Administrative records, printed material, and one photograph document the history and day to day business of the Genesis Presbyterian Church in Austin, Texas through the last half of the twentieth century.
The collection is divided into the following series: Administrative records, Printed materials, Womens’ Association papers, and Photographs. The Administrative records series includes the real estate titles and deeds of Genesis Presbyterian Church, as well as records related to the non-profit tax status of the church. Also part of this series is “A Covenant Between Trinity and Wilshire Presbyterian Churches,” which was created when the churches were merging. The Printed materials series contains service bulletins, flyers, and newsletters related to the church. The Womens’ Association series contains printed materials related to the group’s activities, including service bulletins and notes.
These documents were initially discarded by the church and rescued by an interested congregant. Because of this, they do not have an original order. They have been arranged by date within the series.
Materials are available by appointment only. Contact the archivist for details.
Genesis Presbyterian Church (Austin, Tex.) records, 1956-1997, Austin Seminary Archives, Stitt Library, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
Processed by Mandy Sutton, Archives Assistant, October 9, 2013.
Detailed Description of the Collection