Texas Migrant Ministry collection, 1952-1980 and undated
The Texas Council of Churches was an ecumenical organization that brought churches together to influence social and political issues in the state, and to organize conferences and speakers for interdenominational audiences. In February 1969 the council reorganized as the Texas Conference of Churches and became the first ecumenical conference including Roman Catholics, Protestant, and Orthodox communities. This material was originally assembled by Rev. Harold C. Kilpatrick (1902-2002), a lay Presbyterian and head of the San Antonio Council of Churches who was appointed Executive Secretary of the Texas Council of Churches upon its establishment in 1953. Kilpatrick retired as executive director of the Conference in August of 1969.
This collection consists of correspondence, essays, reports, clippings, and printed material documenting the ecumenical work with migrant populations in Texas. Much of the material is related to the involvement of the Texas Migrant Ministry Committee of the Texas Council of Churches with migrant workers.
Materials are available by appointment only. Contact the archivist for details.
Texas Migrant Ministry collection, 1952-1980 and undated, Austin Seminary Archives, Stitt Library, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
Information of acquisition method not available.
Processing information not available.
Detailed Description of the Collection