A Guide to the UT Brackenridge Hall Records, 1893-1895, 1926, 1940
Brackenridge Hall, known as B. Hall and originally called University Hall, was built in 1890. George W. Brackenridge, a Regent of UT, donated to the University to build the first residence hall for men on campus. From 1890 to 1899 B. Hall was able to house 58 students. After 9 years B. Hall was renovated to add more rooms to the building resulting in accommodating 125 students. Eventually, the residence hall was renovated and served as an academic building until it was razed in 1952.
"UT Housing and Food Buildings," University of Texas at Austin Division of Housing and Food Service. Accessed August 31, 2015. https://www.utexas.edu/student/housing/index.php?site=8&scode=0&id=978#brp
These records contain account books, 1893-1895, B. Hall Association records, 1926, 1940 from the University of Texas at Austin's Brackenridge Hall, also known as University Hall and B. Hall.
This collection is open for research use.
UT Brackenridge Hall Records, 1893-1895, 1926, 1940, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by archives staff.
Detailed Description of the Papers