TABLE OF CONTENTS
A Guide to the UT Music Library Records, 1940-1962
The UT Music Library, created sometime before 1932, was originally located in Battle Hall, which served as the University Library from 1911-1937. In the early 1970s the Music Library among other library branches were located in Battle Hall. The Music Library remained there until 1979 when it merged into the new Fine Arts Library and its collections. Today, the Fine Arts Library has resources on music on both the 4th and 5th floors.
"Branch Libraries at the University of Texas."University of Texas Libraries. Accessed March 25, 2015. http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/chem/history/branches.html
"Battle Hall Timeline"University of Texas Libraries. Accessed March 25, 2015. http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/apl/about/battle_hall/timeline
The UT Music Library Records contain correspondence, cataloging and music records, circulation statistics, and budgets. These records document the operations of the UT Music Library from 1940-1962.
This collection is open for research use.
These records are stored remotely. Advance notice required for retrieval. Contact repository for retrieval.
UT Music Library Records, 1940-1962, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by W.H.R, October 1968.