TABLE OF CONTENTS
Texas College Baseball Team Photograph, 1918
Texas College, located just north of Tyler, Texas, was organized in 1894 under the auspices of the Colored Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1909, the college was renamed Phillips University in honor of the service of CME bishop Henry Phillips. Supporters objected to the new name, and the college took back its original name in 1917. Texas College became the state's third black-controlled institution to be founded by a black church.
The collection consists of one item, a sepia-toned matted photographic print (6 1/8 x 8 in.) showing the Texas College baseball team in 1918. Texas College is a historically African-American college located in Tyler, Texas.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no use restrictions on this collection. Publisher is responsible for complying with copyright law.
Texas College Baseball Team Photograph, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin.
This collection was processed by Amy Bowman, June 2013.