About the Data Lab
The Data Lab is open to all UT staff, faculty, and students on a first-come, first served basis. The lab is open during the same hours that the building is open. If you have questions about the Data Lab, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching in the Data Lab
Faculty may use the Data Lab as a course resource in the following ways:
1) Have your students use the Data Lab to complete their assignment
- Check the software list to make sure the software you are recommending is available in the Media Labs.
- For other software, contact us to see if we can install it temporarily.
2) Teach your students in the Data Lab
- Request to reserve the PCL Data Lab for one of your regular class meeting times so that you can teach them the software needed to complete their assignment. Because the PCL Data Lab is primarily designed as an open lab rather than a classroom, reservation requests are considered in light of other reservations made for that week and the time of the semester.
3) Involve library experts in your course
- Request a consultation with a subject specialist librarian to design a library or research assignment to integrate a specific technology tool.
- Request a course-integrated instruction session in the PCL Data Lab during one of your regular class meeting times where we will teach to your assignment. Because the Data Lab is part of a pilot program, there may not be a librarian with the expertise necessary to teach a specific software program, but we will do our best to accommodate you. We will be tracking requests to determine what services we should offer in the future.